Discover how to supercharge your sales process and increase sales.
The purpose of this comprehensive sales process review is to identify the key components of the sales process, including the sales people, and assess the effectiveness of the components towards converting leads into sales.
The outcome of this review will highlight specific areas for improvement with an indication of importance, or priority, for each recommendation. Recommendations will cover the following areas, however due to the dynamic nature of organisations each review is unique and the nature of findings will vary based on the specific situation:
- Lead generation
- Handling of enquiries
- Information provided to prospects
- Qualifying procedures
- Sales person activity levels
- Sales management practices
- General sales ability of the sales team
The Review Process:
As part of a detailed assessment of sales activity the following actions will be undertaken:
- Understand market segments and products/services being provided.
- Identify ideal client profile (or client persona’s).
- Review marketing/lead generation activity conducted by sales team or marketing person.
- Review the handling of enquiries and leads.
- Accompany selected members of the sales team on on-site qualifying sales calls, or listen to initial phone conversations with prospects.
- Review sales data including call rates and conversion rates.
- Review sales reporting format and consistency.
- Review time management tactics and tools used by sales team.
- Review the proposal/quotation process and win ratio.
- Map the sales process and contributing factors.
- Identify areas for improvement.
The review process will be managed in three separate but interconnected stages:
- Interview CEO and sales leaders
- Interview sales people
- Gather sales collateral
- Identify availability of relevant sales data
- Gather relevant information on products/services
- Identify specific steps in the lead generation process
- Attend sales calls with selected sales people
- Interview others involved with handling leads or supporting the sales team
- Review sales management philosophies and actions
- In-depth review of proposals/quotations won, lost or stalled
- Map the sales process including documentation and actions
- Report on improvement opportunities and recommended actions